Thursday, April 12, 2012

Animation and Illustrator!

I return with three new projects done in my computer art class, all of which I really like!  First off, I have my first animation- a walk cycle- in the form of a gif!

Click on the picture for the full-size, better quality version!
I'm really happy with this project.  The animation is really smooth, and everything worked as I wanted it to.  The most difficult part was adjusting each of the original four frames to be like its inverse frame.  If I re-did the project, I'd make it so the jacket and pants are separate so it doesn't look like he's in a onesie.  This project helped me learn how to make gifs in Flash.

Next, we created gradient flowers in Illustrator, a program that uses vector images rather than pixels.  I decided to give mine stems and a background!

Ooh, pretty....
I think I did quite well on this project.  As usual, everything worked fine, and the only difficult part was learning how to export just what was inside the image frame.  If I re-did the project, I may add some clouds in the background.  Doing this project helped me learn how to use the bloat and pucker tools in Illustrator.

Finally, I have a duck that I traced with the pen tool in Illustrator!

♪ Rubber ducky, you're the one... ♪

Again, I think this one turned out well.  Everything I tried to do worked out well.  It was a little difficult adjusting the shapes to look good.  I would probably make the sun more clear if I re-did this project.  In all honesty, I didn't learn anything from doing this project, since I already knew how to use the pen tool from having used it to make the stems in my flower.

Thanks for watching my blog!  Stay tuned for the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment