Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Disney Superhero, Movie Poster, and Masking!

Okay, I have a BUNCH of projects to post on here, so I'll just do them three at a time.  First is the assignment in which we had to combine a Disney character with a superhero or superpower.

Behold: Iron Pan.
Iron Pan turned out quite well.  Everything worked, and there wasn't anything too difficult.  If I re-did it, I would add a background and repulsor effects, and probably take more time on getting the lighting right.  While doing this project, I learned how to re-draw a source in a different form.

Our next assicnment was to make a movie poster that was "different."  After much image searching, I finally found what I needed to make this:

Well, she has to make even more money somehow.

I wasn't the only one who liked this project, according to my classmates.  I made everything work out, and, again, it wasn't too difficult.  I would probably re-do the hand were I to remake this project.  This project taught me that I can be funny sometimes.

Finally, we had to experiment with masking, which is hiding parts of an image from view.  I used masking to make this picture:


....I honestly can't think of a caption.
The fact that I can't think of a caption doesn't mean that I don't like the project.  I'm actually very proud of it.  Everything worked as it was supposed to, except for the fact that I completely messed it up the first time through without realizing and had to re-do most of it.  If I re-did this project, I would make sure I got all the lines to follow the contours as I wanted to instead of them being all scribbly- oh wait, that IS what happened.  Anyway, I learned about masks while doing this project.

Well, that's it for this round.  More coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment