Monday, May 14, 2012

Hound Dog and Banana Slug

I've got two new projects to show you all!  The first is a lip-syncing project made in Flash!


His voice is beautiful...

I know I normally say this a lot, but I am REALLY happy with this project.  Every aspect worked quite well in my opinion.  However, while no individual aspect was really difficult, going over the photos taken of my mouth to look like the mouth of a dog was quite tedious.  If I were to do this project over again, I would make the mouth more simplistic so I could draw it faster so less time would be spent on that so I could've had time to look up how to make the dog move and change backgrounds like I wanted to.  Ah well.

Next up is my slice project, for which we had to take a slice out of an animal or object to reveal something different on the inside.  I chose to do a banana slug.  Guess what it was made out of.





















No, seriously, guess.  I can wait.






























Did you guess yet?  Well, let's see....










Yep.  -5 creativity points for that, but I gained +1 in pun-making XP.

Yes, it is a banana slug made out of a banana.  Terrible puns aside, I'm pretty happy with this picture.  I was able to get everything that I wanted to do to work, and there wasn't really anything difficult aside from finding a good picture of a banana slice to use.  I also wanted to put it on a cutting board due to Mr. Sands' suggestion of doing so, but I couldn't find a good-sized picture of one. *shrug* If I did this project over again, I would probably improve the drop shadow on the banana slice a little bit and give more effort into finding a cutting board picture.  This project taught me how to use perspective to make something fit the picture more.

Well, that's it for now.  Stay tuned for scenes from the next "General Hosp- Uh, I mean, new post coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment