Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Scary Signs, Literal Interpretations, and Bad Mail!

Well, I have my final projects for the school year.  I may update more over the summer, but for now, here they are!  First up is a scary sign.

He just wants to play tag!
This project turned out quite nicely.  Although some parts took some working, everything worked out nicely.  The most difficult part was editing the text on the sign.  If I re-did this project with more time, I'd find another child to edit into a zombie.  This project didn't really teach me anything new, but it was fun.

Next, we had to make a few "literal interpretations" of some compound words, so I did three.  Here they are!

Bullfrog

Knucklehead

Butterball
I'll make this quick: I think they're all pretty good, and everything worked as planned, but I'd make the butterball looked more realistic in a redo.  It was tough finding good sources for the bullfrog, but everything else was fine.  I didn't learn anything new.

Finally, my last project of the year.  We were to make a piece of "bad mail," so I decided to make a special package that opens itself.

You should make use of it.  After all, the shipping expenses from Hell to here are NOT cheap.
I'd say this is one of my best projects of all year.  It has multiple elements to it, and I think all of them are done well, having worked exactly as I wanted them to.  It was difficult to make the burn look realistic, but it definitely worked out well.  There is nothing I would change if I re-did this project.  I learned nothing new except how to make an awesome project.

And that's my last project for the school year!  I'll see if I can do video stuff and post it here over the summer.  Thanks for watching my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment